One of the best things you can get in WoW from a gold maker's point of view is when you get a new market to dabble in and make profit out of. As of the last patch we got the Transmogrification market and we saw a explosion of posts all detailing ways to make gold off it, and they were all valid as you could make a lot of gold from it.
I don't know how much have you folks heard about this, but there has been a small movement of die hard hardcore players out there that have made a sort of an achievement for WoW players to prove their Elite status, and they have named this The Ironman Challenge.
Now i wouldn't have given this more of a though except, Blizzard has decided to give them some attention and publicity and usually when that happens people tend to go for it. Now if you take a look at the rules for the challenge you can notice a few things, but first here are the rules for it.
1) No items equipped other than White or Gray items.
3) No talent points - no specialization - you may train class abilities
4) No professions, primary or secondary, other than First Aid.
5) No food or water above vendor-quality white items.
6) No groups- no BG's, no instances, no raids, no quest groups. No guilds.
7) No enchants, scrolls, potions/elixirs, or glyphs.
8) No outside financial or equipment assistance (no gold or bags from other toons)
9) THE BIG ONE - if you die, ever, you delete that toon and start over at lvl 1 Any takers? If you're doing it, post on that character and we will track your progress.
CHECK OUT THE ORIGINAL POST ON THE FORUMS
Further down in the rules there is something that caught my eye
- Can I use the Auction House: Yes. you can use the auction house to sell drops.
- Yes, you can buy white items from vendors.
What this meant was that they are allowed to sell their goods so they are allowed access to the auction house. Now knowing this fact there is an opening for a whole new market that has never EVER been a viable market, and that is the market for selling white/gray items as they will be allowed in the challenge. One item that comes into mind when trying to monetize on these guys is selling the vendor bag "Carriage" Signature Bag as it is a 14 slot bag that you can buy from a vendor.
As it is now i won't go into further detail, but keep your eyes open for this movement as if it takes on some more publicity it might turn in into a valid market.
So, like always, keep an eye out for good opportunities out there.